Tuesday, July 24, 2007

More on Social Networking

Ever been invited to an event electronically with an Evite? I know I have numerous times! As I continued my research on what social networking is, I discovered Evite was one of the very first examples. Evite started up in the late 1990s and boy has social networking grown since more came into cyberspace around 2003 when Friendster and others were created. Now, according to Wikipedia, there are over 200 different kinds of networks. Most of them are created for social purposes and I haven't found anything yet on how they could be useful in the classroom setting, but I'll get back to that later. Ok update, I did find sites that talk about use of social networks in the school setting (this is also where I found the YouTube video in my previous post) http://horizonproject.wikispaces.com/Impact+on+Education+SocialNetworking

To read more about social networks (and where I got a lot of my info)

See an example of an evite:
http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?event=YGUAFQDWFCGTKJCJYZVU&showArchive=true

No comments: